Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Chapter 14: Busy Busy I'm so Dizzy


Chapter 14: Busy Busy I’m so Dizzy
Emi was rushing to-and-fro. They were a lot busier than they were expecting to be. There were so many people that Emi was curious if there was a convention going on nearby. The café was becoming really popular and many customers came dressed in their own costumes. It made Emi smile as a child dressed as a protagonist from the show he was dressed from. They had a conversation and the child giggled as Emi stayed in character for the child.
The bell above the door chimed as Grey and Symphia walked in. Symphia was still in her nurse clothes. Her black hair pulled back into a high pony tail. Grey wore a simple suit and looked around with a confused look.
“Is it Halloween already?” He mused. “Weren’t we in the midst of September a few moments ago?”
Symphia chuckled. “The sign does say it’s cosplay today.” She pointed to a chalk board that was decorated with several cartoon characters.
“Amusing,” Grey replied dryly as he glanced at the sign.
“Welcome to Café Craze. Is it just you two today?” Emi beamed as he approached them.
“Are we required to play dress up too?” Grey mused as he looked Emi up and down.
“No. All you have to do is be covered.” Emi replied as he led them to a table.
“How are things coming along for you,” Symphia asked as she took a seat.
“Alright. Practicing at night so I don’t have power hick-ups during the day.” Emi replied. “How was your shift at the hospital?”
“Oh it was pretty normal. I helped a soccer player get an x-ray of their foot. He was so nervous.” Symphia giggled.
Emi nodded as he placed the menus in front of them. “Well here are your menus. Can I start you off with any drinks?”
“Water for me.” Grey stated quickly.
“A strawberry smoothie please!” Symphia smiled.
“I’ll be right back with those.” Emi nodded before dashing off into the kitchen.
“You two seem rather chummy.” Grey noted.
“It’s helpful for deities to be chummy,” Symphia smirked.
“For some it might.” Grey responded as he glanced over the menu.
“You can be chummy too, you know.” Symphia looked over the pictures on the menu.
“I am aware of the option.” He flipped through the menu.
“Then why do you sound…” Symphia paused, “Jealous of Emi and I being friendly.”
“Jealous?” Grey snorted. “Jealousy is not what I’m feeling. Hurt maybe. But jealousy? No.”
Symphia tilted her head as she looked at him.
“I am merely upset that he asked you how work went, but he did not ask me.” Grey explained clearly. “I have been friendly to him. I did retrieve him when Carmen kidnapped him after all.”
Symphia hummed. “That is true. Maybe he thinks you would be upset if he asked.”
Hmph,” Grey turned his gaze back to the menu.
“Here are your drinks!” Emi smiled as he placed the drinks in front of them. He placed two straws in front of them. “Are you guys ready to order? Or do you need a few more minutes?”
Grey hummed as his eyes went up and down the menu. “A Rueben will be fine.”
“The mushroom swiss burger for me,” Symphia beamed.
Emi nodded as he wrote down their order. “Give me a few minutes!”
“He’s really growing into his own, isn’t he?” Symphia beamed. “It looks like I’m on my way to win the bet.”
Grey rolled his eyes. “There are still two days left,” he reminded, “He could kill over in a matter of days.”
“You and your dark outlook on life…” Symphia shook her head.
“It’s my job,” Grey shrugged.
“Do you enjoy that job?” Symphia mused.
“I do. Most of the time.” Grey admitted. “But there are some cases I don’t like having to handle. They get messy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment